KaniManabu uses SRS (Spaced Repetition System). When you answer a card correctly, some time needs to past before you review the item. If you get it wrong, it will shorten the time for the next review of that card.
These are the SRS Levels in KaniManabu:
- Apprentice (1-4)
- Guru (1-2)
- Burned (Card no longer reviewed, until you reset it)
These are the times you need to wait between SRS stages:
- Apprentice1 -> 2 : 4 hours
- Apprentice2 -> 3 : 8 hours
- Apprentice3 -> 4 : 1 day
- Apprentice4 -> Guru1 : 2 days
- Guru1 -> 2 : 1 week
- Guru2 -> Master : 2 weeks
- Master -> Enlightened : 1 month
- Enlightened -> Burned : 4 months
How Next SRS stages are determined
The next SRS stage is determined by this formula.
new_srs_stage = current_srs_stage – (incorrect_adjustment_count * srs_penalty_factor)
- current_srs_stage – The current SRS stage for the card
- incorrect_adjustment_count – This is the number of cards you got incorrect divided by 2 and rounded.
- srs_penalty_factor – The factor that determines the stage deincrement. By default, it’s 1. For stages above Guru 1, the factor is 2.